Like fingerprints, your smile is unique.
And so is Insignia, a computerized system that combines digital treatment planning with specially made brackets and wires tailored to your specific dental anatomy.
This advanced technology means greater comfort, less treatment time and beautiful results.
Truly Customized Braces
These are not your mother’s braces! The Insignia system allows us to digitally plan your treatment – before a bracket is ever placed on your tooth. We create a digital blueprint at the start of your treatment – with custom placement of brackets and wires both made specifically for your teeth – resulting in reduced treatment times and precise results.
How does the system work?
- We use the Lythos™ Digital Impression System to generate a 3D computer model of your teeth.
- The computer model of your teeth can be viewed from any direction and each tooth can be digitally manipulated into its final location. We can even see “through” your teeth to ensure a correct bite.
- When a model of your final smile is achieved, virtual braces are “placed” on your teeth.
- With the virtual brackets in place, we revert your teeth to their current position, guaranteeing that the brackets are in perfect placement to bring your teeth to their final position.
- In order to place the brackets exactly as they are positioned on the 3D model, clear plastic templates (called “jigs”) are created to help us place the brackets onto your teeth.
- Custom wires are made – based on the final “goal position” – that will gently bring your teeth to their final position.
Starting treatment with your end result in mind makes for a predictable, precise result: your perfect smile!