Home TRIOS Digital Impression Scanner
TRIOS Digital Impression Scanner
At Sawrie Orthodontics, we strive to provide you with the best possible care. Not only do we want to help you optimize your oral health, but we also want you to feel completely comfortable during your appointments. To achieve these goals, we utilize the latest dental technologies and techniques. We are proud to use the TRIOS digital impression scanner for your impression needs.
What Is the TRIOS Digital Impression Scanner?
The TRIOS digital impression scanner is an intraoral scanner that captures digital impressions of your mouth. Traditionally, scans have been captured using impression putty. This could be both messy and uncomfortable and could also result in the need for multiple impressions due to inaccuracy. With TRIOS, the need for impression putty is eliminated. It is a compact handheld scanner that uses optical scanning technology to capture impressions of your teeth and gums. The scanner is attached to a computer monitor, where the impressions are displayed almost immediately after we take them. We get the impression on the first visit, eliminating the need for retakes.
How TRIOS Digital Impressions Can Be Used
TRIOS digital impressions have some different uses. These impressions are very helpful for your orthodontic treatment. After we take your impression, we are then able to view it within seconds on the computer monitor. Specialized software enables us to move the impression all around, which provides us with multiple unique views of your mouth that traditional impressions do not allow. We can target specific areas of your mouth and zoom in on them for a closer view. We also can enhance the images for better clarity. Zooming and enhancing provide us with the ability to see the smallest details of your mouth, which makes it possible for us to custom tailor your orthodontic treatment, whether it be braces or aligners, to provide you with the optimal results. In addition to orthodontics, TRIOS is also very useful for designing and creating dental restorations such as crowns and veneers. The digital impressions show us the exact measurements of your mouth, which enables the accurate design of restorations that will fit perfectly within your mouth. The technology also allows for your restorations to be created faster. TRIOS technology can connect to in-house milling units, eliminating the need for the impressions to be sent to an off-site lab.
Benefits of the TRIOS Digital Impression Scanner
There are many benefits that come with the TRIOS digital impression scanner. These benefits include:
- Less disruption in your schedule. Digital impressions are fast, usually only taking just a few minutes of your time.
- Rather than impression putty, your impressions are taken with a handheld wand, making the experience more comfortable.
- Much greater accuracy. TRIOS provides exact measurements of your mouth, providing us with the ability to provide you with the exact treatment you need.
- Your impressions are stored digitally. The impressions can be accessed quickly. The risk of them getting lost is greatly reduced, and there is no worry that they will get damaged.
- Less anxiety. Traditional impression putty can cause gagging, which creates anxiety in some patients. This is not an issue with TRIOS. The experience is much more pleasant, which can help those with anxiety.
- Fewer appointments are needed. Because we do not need to worry about retaking the impressions, the number of your office visits is reduced.
If you are interested in learning more about our TRIOS digital impression scanner, call Sawrie Orthodontics today at (423) 624-8217.